Sunday, January 3, 2010

Is It Really Important To Read The Instructions








If you have been following my posts since Christmas you learned that we got a Wii for Christmas. My husband is crazy obsessed with the games that came with it. Bowling was his favorite until today. Today we found out where the audio plug was and now it is really really fun. Fran started playing at nine o’clock this morning and quit at four o’clock this afternoon. He didn’t eat breakfast or lunch.

We had company that wanted to see how the Wii worked so he played right through the company stay. He kept saying how much more fun it was to play since we had all that wonderful noise coming out of the game.

Fran is already talking about a game he wants to buy for “her.” That was a direct quote he made this afternoon. Ha!

Before our company came, Fran and I were playing the bowling game. The screen and the book tell you over and over again to keep the little wimote strapped to your wrist. We pretty much pooh poohed it and played for six days without using the straps.

This afternoon I just felt in my gut I was going to get a strike and gave the wimote a little extra gusto and zing! It went ten feet in the air, knocked down an 8x10 picture that was sitting on a shelf and then landed on the entertainment center. It got really quiet in the house. I can remember that was the only time it was quiet all day. Then I kind of chuckled. Fran really didn’t see the humor in it, I almost broke HIS game. He quickly put an adjustable strap on the little remote thing and was instructed that I should probably wear it.

When our company arrived I told them that Fran had grounded me. They laughed and then looked a little astounded that those little remotes could fly. I think they took that under advisement when they were on their way to Wal Mart.

1 comment:

  1. That is so funny. I'm worried that you may hate me for getting this some day. LOL Don't buy TOO many games or I won't have anything to get for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete