Wednesday, January 20, 2010

One More Is Not A Crowd







The state of Texas has always bragged about being the biggest state in the union. They brag about the biggest steaks, the biggest cowboy hats and on and on.

The state of Texas, as of yesterday afternoon about one o’clock had to make room for one more big, little boy.

That little boy’s name is Jesse James Want. The special part of this little guy is that he is my husband’s great grandson. I can’t believe this for a minute. I am just not old enough to be sleeping with a great grandfather, do you think? You don’t realize that I am plenty old enough. If anyone would look at me anymore you would think she probably has a dozen. I have let my hair go gray, Fran has gray in his hair, but the problem is, that when I look in the mirror it is a total shock. In my mind, I am about forty, I think Fran feels the same way.

Fran’s daughter put pictures on Facebook for us to look at since she didn’t have our email address with her at home. I showed Fran the pictures after I blew them up and he just grinned. He thought the baby looked like he would be able to go home if everything was alright with his granddaughter.

Fran is an old pro at this, he and his wife had six children and a posse of grandchildren! By looking at Fran’s expression however, this little guy holds his own special place in the family and his heart.


No comments:

Post a Comment