Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Do You Make A List?








My dad worked in a newspaper office for most of his life that I remember. So my mother always had little scratch pads she called them that she made her “lists” on. She had the most beautiful penmanship, that her lists looked like something you would like to have for a keepsake.

Sometimes I think of that when I use the back of an envelope, the back of a receipt, the tiny space of a penny newspaper that has room for my scratching and many other silly things. I call them silly because it makes no difference what I use, I leave them on the kitchen table.

For the most part when we go to the grocery store and Walmart we come home with everything, but what we need. The other day I was determined to have a list made up. Fran went out to warm up the car before we left. I looked and looked for my list. I went out to the car and told Fran that I could NOT find my list. He just grinned and said “look in your purse.” There it was sticking up waving at me. Well the moral to this story is that you do have to put everything ON the list to GET everything. Once again we got home and forgot the one thing that I wanted. Oh dear, what to do about lists. Fran says to write things down as I use something up or close to it. What do you folks do?



3 comments:

  1. I do love lists but am bad at them ;p I have set up a shopping list that is organised the way the shelves are organised so we work our way around the supermarket. When I remember to use the template it is great!

    www.damselinadirtydress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm married to a lovely lady whose day is devoted to lists. She even organizes her list(s) by store and need. She has reusable lists and notes that are kept in the drawer and trotted out when needed. Example - in the morning I can count on a "note" reminding me that my lunch is in the frig. It is then placed back in the drawer ready for the next day. She has a machine that is attached to the side of the frig. It's purpose is to create lists. You look in the frig - notice that the milk is low, and then "speak" to the machine "Milk". It will spit you out a list when you are ready to go to the store.

    I love my roomie. She makes me smile a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I laughed! Fran didn't think it was funny. They really help people, he said. You should get one!! Thanks a lot, Linda. lol I will have to look into that.

    ReplyDelete