Saturday, October 9, 2010

It Seems Like Forever And A Day





For the last month or two our household has been centered around Fran. Those of you that are on Face book; you are aware of this. He has had two major surgeries and has been less than normal of his ambitious self. I am sitting here watching him getting his shoes on, he has blue jeans on and further more I believe he is going outside to do some blowing of leaves. With an admonishment from me to be careful. He didn’t answer me, just hooked up Maggie and away they went.

I hear the blower running. Last year I complained that he was constantly blowing leaves. He explained to me that our big old oak trees produced leaves that were not biodegradable. So…… all these leaves had to be gathered in piles and burned. The neighbors also burn and it smells like one big giant wiener roast. I have always loved autumn. Fran pointed out the leaves falling yesterday when we were going to the doctor. I said, “that’s why they call this season fall.” He groaned, I have no idea why.

Fran received fairly good news yesterday. The cancer had not invaded the muscle of the bladder, so now just maintenance doses of a special medicine to prevent it from reoccurring. Those doses start the middle of November. We really have a lot to be thankful for this year.

While Fran was sick, I did very little. I probably was a bit hoverie. Is that a word? Oh well, it says what I want it to.

Fran’s favorite food is spaghetti, mine is definitely not. Fran wanted it all the time, if not he told me to fix goulash. I wanted to cry!!! But, he was sick so he got what he wanted, not any more, he will eat a balanced diet. Lol

The one good thing about Fran being sick, is that I got to spend more time with his mother. She is such a dear. We told stories and laughed and had a good time. Her new hearing aide is just marvelous. She calls and says, “it’s me.” I love it!!



1 comment:

  1. Glad you are back and so thankful there are no more surgeries scheduled. That is such good news. Now you can relax a bit?

    ReplyDelete