Friday, September 24, 2010

Ceramic Cats And Grasshoppers



 




My Maggie May is my precious shitzu-poodle and many other varieties I am sure. She has personality plus and Fran and I think as Maggie’s adoptive parents, that she is probably the smartest dog that ever lived and the cutest.

She has snappy brown eyes and has a psychologist on retainer for her breakdowns every night at eight thirty. She races through the house and growls and barks and and and. Then all of a sudden she collapses and goes to sleep for the night.

Maggie has shown me the signs of cowardly behavior on many occasions. She will jump at most anything that is not something that does not happen on a daily basis. Grasshoppers are really little demons that are on her list of scary things even though there are a gazillion of them in our yard.

This morning I moved lawn ornaments from around a big oak tree to a bare spot by a big shrub. One of the ornaments was a ceramic cat with ivy in it’s middle. Sounds awful, but it is really cute. Maggie sees it every day several times a day. However, she has never seen it by the front steps. She was on her way up the steps and all of a sudden she jumped a foot and started barking and growling. Do you know how dogs do? They put their bottoms up in the air, spread their paws far apart to show their opponents just who is going to win the fight. Maggie weighs fifteen pounds, is white and gray and even if it was a brown ceramic would never ever win a fight with that cat. Maggie makes me laugh every single day. As days go by I am so glad we have her to love and laugh with. Yes “with” I really see her smile with us sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment