Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Just Me

Sometimes I think Fran married me just to entertain himself with my quirky little happenings. For instance, yesterday I had my handy little Swiffer that I had on backwards. It didn’t dust the ceiling fan very well and it certainly didn’t dust the louvered door well at all. So I thought I would open the door to the furnace and dust from the inside. Well, I couldn’t get it open. I pulled and pulled to no avail. So I said to Fran “What’s the matter with this door it won’t open?” He said to me, “ ‘cause it’s hard.” No dah!

The other day I thought we would have the Chinese stuff in a can. You know the two cans taped together? Ok, easy beans. The can opener got stuck because the tape had left some residue on the big can; then the little can had junk on it and spilled the gravy stuff. It would have been so much easier to fry a hamburger. I am not done yet. I served it to my darling husband first like a good wife is supposed to do. Then I served myself. I had a brand new, clean top on. We continued visiting while we ate, picked up the dishes and went to town. I looked down and I had dinner all over my front. I lamented the fact that I had spilled on my shirt. Fran said, “You get holes in your lip all the time!” That was one of the nicest things that he says. He usually laughs and says, “I just can’t take you anywhere can I?”
Another day another story about the love of my life!

4 comments:

  1. Are you sure you aren't related to the Ramey's somewhere down the line?? Greg wears patterned shirts because then the drips don't show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell Greg he is so so much smarter than the Johnson clan. I was never taught to do that. I tell Fran that I have a condition that's why. Then he goes dancing through the house singing Kenny Rogers' song with the First Edition "Your condition " Very sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol about him singingmyourm condition.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am mortified if I find I am out in public and my top has a speck of food on it; Chuck wears his food on his shirt quite frequently and when I point it out, he says, "so what!" Opposites attract?

    ReplyDelete