Sunday, September 19, 2010

One More Miserable Thing





Can you believe it? Yup with everything else that has been going on around here, the lawn mower quit. Fran thought he would try to mow the lawn since he was feeling some better. After two days of letting it put and bang and with smoke coming out of it, he took it to the repair shop. That rider was only about four years old and it has been in the repair shop at least four or five times.

There is an alternative to mowing the lawn; a weedeater. I mean it, it works! Fran was not up to snuff (where did that expression come from?) Eww, I don’t want to think about it. So he was only able to work for short periods of time. I helped with moving things, pulling weeds and pruning roses. I only have two bleeding parts on my fingers and my arm to prove I helped.

We have a big porch that is screened in. Above the patio table is a ceiling fan that really helped to cool us down. The temperature was in the low seventies and the half hour that we worked made miracles in the yard. However, we have over an acre to mow, so I have a feeling we will have to beg, plead, and bribe someone to mow our lawn for us.

We have really good friends that will be back from vacation in a day or two and I have a feeling he will take one look at our yard and come right over to mow. God bless friends and family and on line friends.


3 comments:

  1. You could always get a couple of goats ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very naughty, Julie Anne. I will remember this in the future. I think it will probably come in handy! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is funny that you need "proof" that you helped!

    and julie's comment about goats is funny. In Seattle people actually rent out goats to eat up blackberry bushes and other weeds.

    ReplyDelete