Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Should I Become A Gamer?






Well. That’s a big word this fall. Well. I am not a gamer on Facebook or individual games that you can play on video stations. I do like television, however. I do like my one soap that I have watched for years and years. I like some mysteries and some comedies and a sundry of other things. I use television for “noise” in the house. I listen to it while I am on the computer and talk to it. I agree or disagree with it. It is like having company in the house.

Arguing with television is a safe way to win one. Yeah, no one yells back at me. You probably have figured out what I am talking about. Politics!! I am just about at my wits end with these commercials. Plus they upset my husband. He starts in on them and takes sides and calls them liars and on and on. It seems that he is not the only one. Where I live everyone really gets into arguing over the opponents. They don’t even know them, just the commercials that they have run on television! I don’t want to talk about them. I don’t want my television shows ruined by sneaking in a commercial with someone attacking their opponent.

I think debate is wonderful. After all, I was a teenager once! Debate if done right, has rules, has different things that need to be debated to get everything covered so that the voters can make their minds up intelligently. In my opinion, it is not necessary to trash each other to make themselves look good. In my opinion also, I guess that I will have to watch cable channels so that I will not have to put up with these negative trashy ads.


1 comment: