Thursday, May 24, 2018

Sofa Pillows Have Feelings!

I was looking around my house and Marie's house and thought, "Boy, I sure wouldn't win any prizes for my home decorating." There was a time, yes there was, that I was a meticulous housekeeper. I was a fanatic about my sofa pillows. Yes, dear folks I had O.C.D.  in that department. Yes, a bit manic about the order of my stupid pillows. Furthermore, don't move them when you visit! There were times when I would throw and throw and throw those pillows until they were just right. This was all Pre-Melanie days. The little human who entered my world like a Medieval Warrior, self bent on destroying my perfect world of sofa pillows "strictly  adhered to thus far" order in the living room.
As you are reading you may have noticed I referred to these little bits of covered stuffing in two different ways. Sofa meaning belonging on the sofa for comfort as well as Throw meaning throw them at will!

When I got home today I started taking pictures of pillows in great disarray in my home. My husband said, "What in the world are you doing?" Of course, I answered, "taking pictures of our pillows." He said, "Why?" You are not getting the full effect because you cannot hear the unspoken cuss words in his question.
I answered sweetly, as always, hardly ever "for my blog post." He spoke not one more word, his eyes looked dull like a beaten man would since he had gone this route before.
I digress. The thing is a person needs sofa pillows not for geometric design or decorator expensive "you just have to have get these, Lu", pillows because they are so cute. No you need pillows for your back, you need pillows to hug, your dog needs a pillow, What?, yup he does, and you need a pillow to hug when you are watching a scary movie, or are feeling sad.
Pillows come in all sizes, shapes, and feelings. Yes, pillows have feelings. I know this to be true because I just bought some at a garage sale today, and made sure that they felt just right. I know at this point in time that the pillows I bought today will not get thrown, they will get situated on whatever piece of furniture I decide to put them on. If they are lopsided, lumpy, or a bit frayed, it makes no difference. They are my pillows for my lopsided, lumpy, and a bit frayed body to cuddle. After reading this post, I am sure you will look at your "pillow friends" with a different perspective. (Or not)

2 comments: