Sunday, May 20, 2018

The Ex-Factor

This winter while I was posting pictures of ancestors and relatives of my mother-in-law I was reminded that "ex's" had been part of their family for years and were still considered family regardless if the marriage had not worked out. That gave me something to think about. I had been writing short bios for her family as well as her own stories. I found out things about her family that were absolutely astonishing as well as amazing. Some of which were no longer married into this family, but were well thought of and still loved.
I have been an "ex". It is not always comfortable. You sometimes think that you have a stigma that you don't deserve. Other times you feel still part of that family. That is the dangerous feeling. The reason is you become comfortable in that role of  "Aunt, or Sister-in-law" and Boom! the rug gets pulled out from underneath those numb feet of yours and in subtle ways you are reminded that you are no longer part of that family thank you very much. It hurts.
While I was doing a lot of story telling this winter I found another "ex" that is also very talented. I also found out by accident that she had been a follower of my blogs for years. I had no clue. When you write a blog such as mine you pretty much tell the world your story in your posts. It takes years, but she had been following for years and never said a word.
We started to chat on Facebook Messenger. I found out that she can sing. And boy can she sing. I asked her if I could put a song that I just love that she sings beautifully in this post and she agreed. Thank you so much, Laurie. I hope you enjoy her singing.
This is a link that you click on to hear her sing "Patsy Cline and a Bottle of Wine." Also you will see Silver Haired Angel that is not referring to Laurie, but my old CB handle. You just got to do what you got to do!


https://soundcloud.com/user-808811299/voice-180521

1 comment:

  1. It's actually called " A Bottle of Wine and Patsy Cline"

    ReplyDelete