Thursday, June 14, 2018

I Would Like A Softly Padded Soap Box, Please

Every day Marie and I used to watch the Hallmark Channel. The show in the afternoon that she loved, Dr. Quinn M.D. is still on the air, but she is not able to stay up to watch it anymore. I would often change the channel for her to Seventh Heaven and Touched By An Angel. Those shows came on before her "doctor show."
I do not make my opinions known very often except to my poor husband. He is my sounding board. When I need to vent no matter how hard he tries to hide, I find him and do my thing;  get on my soap box!
Today I am going to get on a softly padded soap box. I had this wonderful idea. When I say "Fran, I have this cool idea," he literally disappears. For a big man his disappearing act is so smooth. I don't even know where he goes to hide. Unbelievable.
Okay, my idea is cool. Not just for Christians. I thought, "Wow, what if big corporations had Touched By An Angel or 7th Heaven break for their employees. They could only watch fifteen minutes at a time. See where I"m going with this? Efficiency that's where! I would work myself  into a dither so I could get to my break to finish the segment.
Oh, I know that there would be naysayers, but just think of the possibilities. There could be incentives for those that watched during their breaks. Possibly less hate for others, more empathy and sympathy for coworkers and neighbors. Maybe even lower gas prices. You just have to look at the big big pictures, folks.
My little idea could go across the ocean to include big oil companies.
Snake Oil salesman on his soap box
I hate the thought that Hallmark cancelled these shows because of low Neilson Ratings. I also hate to think that folks of any age wouldn't love these shows. I do and  because if them I am more efficient at Marie's house. I hurry to get my work done so I have time to watch the end of the story. Paul Harvey used to say, "and here is the rest of the story," I say Hallmark continue on with all of those stories. Oh, how we need to hear them and learn from them.
Okay, I just stepped off my little soap box. I just needed to say my piece after watching the news.

No comments:

Post a Comment