Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Marie, Egg Yolks, and Google

I have been taking care of my mother-in-law for about seven months. In those seven months there is one thing she does that drives me nuts! She has bacon and eggs plus other things for her breakfast every day. She has always had the same breakfast since I have known her.
Gotta grin!
When she finishes her breakfast she puts her coffee cup, or her sauce dish, and/or any other dish that seems to irritate her onto her empty plate. The thing is that her plate is not really empty. Her plate is covered from side to side with egg yolk.  I have asked her not to do that, but I guess it is a habit she formed long before I ever entered the picture. Marie likes her place mat to be empty except for her plate. I think that she is showing me that she is finished and that I should clear her dishes. I can be sitting right next to her and she will do the same exact same thing so fast that I can't catch her. Oh, my husband laughs. He'll say, "there she goes!" Once again, too late.
 I have often told him that someone along the way should have invented some kind of glue made from egg yolks, because if you don't wash a" egg yolkie" plate, fork, and cup it is there to stay unless soaked in hot sudsy water.
This morning I decided to see what Google had to say about uses for egg yolks other than in a hundred dozen recipes for custards, mayo, cakes, cookies, meat loaf, meatballs, etc. etc. etc. This was prompted by Marie, once again, putting her cups and sauce dish on to the "yolkie" plate.
You would just be amazed! I was not the first to realize the potential for this high protein food that the world's population consumes by the truck load every day.
You can use it to make your hair shine, your dog's fur shine. You can use it on your skin to make it nice and soft. You can even use it to make low grade silver jewelry shine. Egg yolks ARE used for craft glue. Aha! Boil eggs and save the water and water your plants with it. They said some first aide uses
with the membrane from boiled eggs, nah too much trouble; a Bandaid, thank you. You can clean leather ie, shoes, chairs, and purses. Nope, I will not do that either.
What I will do, is to continue to wash Marie's "egg yolkie" dishes and grin. She's not going to change, and really, who wants her to?

2 comments:

  1. I will answer my own question. No one!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least she ate. Just one more job made harder for you. Gotta love her.

    ReplyDelete