Friday, June 8, 2018

I'm A Stiklr For Kerekt Speling

Good morning! I had this complete post all finished. I turned around to check on Marie, hit the delete button and poof, it was gone. I'm not sure if my train of thought is the same as it was three hours ago, but I do have a message I want to tell. The message is that when I read posts, FB, letters, even ads in the mail, I can spot spelling errors in a flash. I write three blogs. I proof read each post that I write at least three to five times. I reread my posts sometimes a day or a week later and invariably I find spelling and/ or punctuation errors. How can that be? I was a good English student in school. I got all A's. I can't imagine how I can miss a to for a too, or an apostrophe for a comma. I do understand why my sentences are too long because I talk a mile a minute so therefore, I also type a mile a minute and seldom take a breath. Whew, See? And I have no emojis on the computer, so people cannot tell if I'm smiling, or frowning, or sad or glad. The written word on line will stay there forever. So after I'm dead and gone this will still be there. Now that is entirely stupid! Who made up that rule I wonder.
 I woke up in the middle of the night and wondered why my friend didn't answer my text. This is what it said: melanue wrd thurs  Next sentence: so he usnt coming hete. I have no idea what I told her. When I walked through the tech door I was not prepared to deal with computers that needed rebooting, cell phones needing McDonald french fry fingers and delete buttons that wipe out two hours of work.
I'm in a silly mood this morning. I've been cleaning and writing, and eating peanutbutter (oops swiggly red line x2) chocolate chip cookies.
I know that you realize a lot of the errors in this post have not been corrected on purpose. Just a fun day for me have a good one too!

2 comments:

  1. Just now rereading this. I am a nut Charleen!!😊😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darn! Another one of my OCD maladies! My undergraduate degree was JOURNALISM! It’s a burden... especially when I read ANYTHING!

    ReplyDelete