Saturday, September 19, 2009

In All His Wonder



Last night I took Maggie out for her “walk” before bedtime. I was a little nervous because it had gotten dark so early. We had some trouble in our neighborhood with Alex being killed and so on, so I urged Maggie to hurry. It was then that I looked to the sky and prayed that God would keep our neighbors safe from this man and to give us all courage to protect ourselves and our animals from him.
As I looked high above me the sky was so crowded with stars that it almost impossible to tell one from another. I have often heard that people feel small when they look at the sky. I can understand that, but I was so dizzy. I felt that the stars would spin me right up into the galaxy. I wasn’t scared or nervous anymore, but I was so excited. I told Maggie to go into the house so I could go tell Fran about it. I have looked at the sky hundreds of times in my life, but last night was entirely different. I feel that our neighborhood is protected now and the twinkling stars is the reminder to me.

1 comment:

  1. Psalm 8:
    When I consider your heavens,
    the work of your fingers,
    the moon and the stars,
    which you have set in place.

    what is man that you are mindful of him?
    the son of man that you care for him?

    ReplyDelete