Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Two Closets and Four Seasons







For everything there is a reason, for most things there is a season, for most things there is no closet.
I have too many clothes, however, they are necessary to fit my ever changing body with different mg of medicine, not smoking, lifestyle change, and probably a little bit of increased age. I probably will get rid of the shorter style shorts, the overall shorts which Fran loves, the size 4 jeans, maybe the size 6 will go in the vacuum bags, the size 8 and 10 will stay as long as they are stretch Faded Glory from Wal-Mart which just means that they are comfortable, not that they are true sized.
We have two closets and they are not walk-ins. It would be okay if they did not have to house winter coats, rain coats, hunting coats, fall coats, and spring coats. I bought some of those really cool hangers that you can hang up in the closet and you can get many many hangers with coats and clothes on them. They end up hanging vertically and give you so much room, you just can’t believe it. Well don’t believe it. I walked into the front bedroom the other day, and there they lay on the floor with six winter coats on the original hanger which probably weighed about twenty pounds. Not too smart on my part.
We had company the other day and after about an hour I asked if they noticed anything different. The gal said, “well your hair is different.” Remember, I have gone au-natural. Then she said, well you have gained some weight. I was trying to get them to say that they noticed that we weren’t smoking. Doggonit. It’s always the hair and the weight. Fran and I are so proud of ourselves, and when we say, “NO” we quit smoking, many of our friends say, “Oh, yes we did too.” That happened yesterday. Well all I have to say is “Good for everybody that quit smoking, gained a little weight, oh I get this too, “You really look healthy now.” Hmm. I guess. However, I really would like more closet room.

1 comment:

  1. I was reading this while drinking a smoothie and almost choked to death. LOL!!!! That's a classic. Note to self: Never ask someone if they notice anything different. LOL

    ReplyDelete