Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Faith 'n' Begorra







Once and for all my brother has discovered our ancestry and or heritage on our father’s side. It was pretty much a Hodge Podge of things our dad told us with a few ahems and clearing of throat and tilting of his head. Generally we knew dad didn’t have a clue. Keith had been looking and deciphering and finally found that some of our ancestors did come from Ireland. Can you even believe it? I know my brother desperately wanted to be Irish. I could have cared less.

Well I decided that I would get him some table decorations with an Irish flavor for his visit. Not to be had in our little town, but they did have a great big chocolate chip cookie frosted with wonderfully delicious frosting. In the middle it said, “Kiss Me I’m Irish.” Keith was thrilled and we had all kinds of pictures taken celebrating our wonderful ancestors.

It is a nice comfy feeling to know that once a long time ago one of my ancestors had an Irish brogue and maybe was a bit of a fun person that might have liked to dance an Irish jig after tipping a drop of Irish whiskey. But most of all I hope they were full of fun like Keith and I are. I always wondered where we got our sense of humor. Now where is the pot of gold? Hmm, maybe Keith has this wrong!

No comments:

Post a Comment