Wednesday, March 3, 2010

It Isn't Easy Being A Mom






God gave moms the most difficult job in the world. That’s because it sets the precedent for the future. I had three children, but just two of them that were close in age.

My oldest child was a girl and was very literal. When I told her something she thought that the rules were black and white; there usually was no gray area as far as she was concerned.

One of the things that really bugged me was that she was a tattle tale. She was about four years old when she got to be the epitome of tattling. It seemed to me that her little brother could not even breathe without her running to me to tell me about it. Sooooo, I told her that I would not stand for any more of it. Like I said, she was a very good little girl and took me very seriously because she didn’t like to get into trouble.

One day she came running to me and said, “Mama Mama would it be tattling if I told you that my little brother is out in the middle of the highway in his lawn chair?” I went tearing outside to rescue the dear child. He was sitting there in his little chair waving to the cars as they drove by. Of course, I had a screaming meme   calm visit. I guess it worked because he didn’t do it again. I did watch my little ones, I was a good mother, but when he was little he was like mercury. He would just slip out of sight in an instant.

Footnote: He grew up to be a man and my daughter grew out of her tattling, but that day I was very very grateful, Not only for her message, but that he was okay.

1 comment:

  1. My Oldest right now has turned into a tattle tale! It is driving me crazy! I will have to remember your story the next time I tell them to stop telling on each one. LOL

    ReplyDelete