Friday, March 19, 2010

Living With Pickle Relish Flying Through The Air

If any of you or if you know any one that has M.S. you will realize that the signs and symptoms of this dreaded disease is different for everyone. Each person falls into the same category of “difficult to diagnose.” I was a very special person that was easy to diagnose, but only after years and years of symptoms. I can remember they looked for chemical poisoning, Lyme disease, weeks of testing and finally came up with the flu. I was in a wheel chair and had excruciating pain, Charlie horses that drew my hands and toes up with no way to use them. Any way, I am not complaining. I am living with symptoms but not the horrible pain I used to have. I am not using a walker and a cane just occasionally.

I can read again, I can play the piano, and of course, I can play Wii games, but not today. HOWEVER, occasionally these symptoms come back with a vengeance. Today, I cannot hold on to things in the kitchen; I am dropping things, so I walked out of the kitchen. I dropped something that did not break and I am so glad I was very attached to that spoon holder. I broke a sauce dish of my sister’s. I have 2 sauce dishes of a whole set she used to have. Again just nostalgia, then a jar of pickle relish went flying in the air. For some reason I caught the jar and the only thing that went flying was the lid. Friday was a horrible day because my eyesight was so bad I had to have Fran look for things for me and finish sentences for me.

I have had a card for Fran’s new great grandson for almost two months. I have lost the address four times. I am sure it is difficult for people to understand. I finally found out why I lost it. I didn’t click on “save” on the computer. Two days ago I found that the address was incomplete. What a time. I think I finally have it right. These little things I try to find with a sense of humor which helps a lot and I also tell myself how very fortunate I am, which I am. There are some days like today where I walk silently out of the kitchen and whisper my secrets to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment