Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Right, Left, Center










A few weeks ago when my brother and his wife visited she was telling us about a game called R.L.C. She is an Activity Director at a nursing home. She said that this is a game they a few really enjoy because they can win some money.

She started telling me the rules and directions of this game. I couldn’t believe how difficult they were. I yelled, “how can you expect those poor people to be able to play that game, I can’t even follow you.”

A few days before we went to see my daughter and her family, she called and said, “make sure you bring twelve ones with you so we can play RLC.” My heart just sank. I thought “oh no, I can’t do this!” We went to the bank and got some ones even though I thought it was a lost cause. Of course, after dinner the first night, the kids wanted to play this dastardly game. Melanie handed out dollar bills and Fran got ours out etc. Immediately, the adrenaline started boiling in my veins and I was having fun fun fun! What a blast it was. You just think you are winning and somebody reverses the direction the game is going. When all the dollars are in the center but one, the guy that is still holding a dollar is a winner. Oh my gosh the pots were about thirty dollars because there was so many of us playing. I didn’t win, Fran didn’t win, but the littlest one with no front teeth did. She screamed and yelled, whooped and hollered. The game can be played  with chips, or coins of any denomination. It is very fast moving so children love it and so does Grandma Lu!! And now that I have read this for any mistakes a million times, I think I will tell you that R=Right L=Left C=Center. You shake dice that tells you what to do. There are plain dots on the dice also. There are three dice, if you get three dots you do nothing. If you get an R you pass a chip or a coin or dollar to the Right and so on. You can lose your money in nothing flat!

No comments:

Post a Comment