Monday, August 30, 2010

A Blog

Lu's Place  a simple way to get there is to go to the crossroads of mrsfrenchie1.blogspot.com
Two years ago I had no clue what a blog was. Oh, my daughter was writing one but I didn’t understand what she was talking about. She was forever writing something.
I have written before that a Reader’s Digest article, telling folks to write about their memories prompted my daughter and my brother to convince me that I should write a blog because I love to tell stories. It took some doing. But here I am. I enjoyed telling stories about the beginning of my life and where I lived. I enjoyed telling funny stories about my brother and on and on.

The whole idea was to let my grandchildren and children know what their mother and grandmother was about.
I seriously doubted no one other than my daughter and my brother has read it. My cousin reads it occasionally and so does my niece. One day I decided to get a Stat Counter. It shows me that I have hundreds of readers and readers in many many foreign countries read it as well. I noticed that some of my  high school friends were reading also. I had a lot of fun with that for a long time. I still enjoy it, but like every thing it is not new any more. I have written almost four hundred stories; now many of them are about every day life and how crazy it can be in my little world.
Today I was a little bored so I started reading one of my very good friend’s blog. She has twin grandchildren and two sons. I reread her blog and the tears started running down my cheeks. You know in the old days grandparents had to wait for weeks or months for pictures of their sweet little grandchildren. By the time they got them they had grown so much they hardly recognized them by the time they got to see them in person. The mom of the twins is a photographer and does a fantastic job of preserving time for the rest of the family.
I also do “blog jumping.” It is so much fun. I can travel the world and read what people across the ocean are doing.
Well I have nothing to write about today. The gnats are dead. Their funeral was way way ahead of schedule.
I boiled down ten pounds of chicken for chicken and noodle soup tomorrow. Went to town and bought a few groceries and took a nap. That is as exciting as my day got today. I hope you enjoy visiting Lu’s Place. I love to visit. If you like to visit, make some comments. We can email each other and have a good time. Bye!


3 comments:

  1. It is such a fun blog, Mom. I am proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is one that I try to visit at least once a day when I am online!!!!! Hugs my sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep it up. We enjoy reading and laughing! (even if we don't comment all the time)

    ReplyDelete