Sunday, August 15, 2010

Quitting Smoking And Cutting Your Toenails!

Keeping my hands busy since they don’t have a cigarette in them has been a trick. Not only for me, but for my husband also. This week we have made a pack  pact that we will really really lose weight.
The other night we had company and she too had gained  weight and the amount was exactly thirty pounds since she quit smoking. 
We saw her again last night at karaoke and I told her that it was to the point that I didn’t feel good and that I also couldn’t do things that was not a problem before because I was so fat. I told her that cutting my toenails was almost impossible. She laughed and laughed and said, “Well it is impossible for me, I had to get a long gripper that old people have and put a fingernail file in it and file my toenails with it.” We laughed ‘til we were almost sick, then I said, “Well my problem is lack of exercising. I use the excuse that it is too hot.” We visited for a bit and the topic of being too heavy came back and she said, “But it’s just too hot!” We laughed and laughed, but the problem is no laughing matter. My husband and I quit as a team and we will lose as a team. We already have discussed a plan, now we just have to stick to it.
Wish us luck!


2 comments:

  1. I wish you luck. It can be done. Just have to keep the goal in mind. And make weekly goals -- not long term ones. Take one day at a time. I have plenty of experience... LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do wish you well and I just know you will succeed! Xxoo

    ReplyDelete