Thursday, August 19, 2010

A Doohickee

This is the space for the picture of the doohickie in my fridge. I tried and tried to put it in but my new software that I loved quit. So..... just use your imagination. I am sure that there are millions of doohickies in this world.
We have been having trouble with our refrigerator. Today is the second time I have had to clean out the refrigerator because it has water underneath the crisper drawers.
Bending over to clean the refrigerator is almost excruciating pain for me. Throwing out stuff is not the same as cleaning. I proceeded to my sleuthing this morning determined to find the source.
Yesterday I bought some sliding drawers for it so it will be easier for me to get things out of the fridge.
I had to take most things out to get them organized for the sliders. As I was doing this I again found all this water; even in the butter container. My husband and I were both irritated because some things were ruined.
He finally went outside disgusted. I continued on my search. I took things out, put things back in the drawers and then it happened. I hit something in the back of the fridge and it fell down. There it was…..a doohickey! This little doohickey catches the water when the freezer defrosts. I was so excited. I then saw all the water on the back walls of the refrigerator.
The next thing I had to do is solve the puzzle of how to put it back in the hole that holds it. It was like one of those Chinese puzzles that you can buy at the carnival. But I did it!
Little does that little doohickey know, but I am on to it. I will carefully watch that it is doing it’s job!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats! I need to clean out my fridge and I am too tired.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Water and refrigerators don't mix, do they? We HAD an ice-cube maker in our fridge (circa 1991) that worked really well until a couple of weeks ago. Found water all over the floor -- UNDER the fridge. Cleaned it up but couldn't find the leak... UNTIL I asked it to make more ice cubes -- water on the floor AGAIN. We no longer use the ice-cube maker. A couple weeks before the LEAKS, the thing just quit running. After vacuuming the coils etc. it started again. Now I don't trust it. Looking for a new fridge.

    ReplyDelete