Saturday, August 7, 2010

Old Gifts

         

Years ago, I mean a whole lot of years ago, my daughter-in-law gave me a very simple gift. It was a pint jar of pretty red and yellow tomatoes. I don’t know what kind they were. They are not regular, are not cherry. I have no clue, but they are so pretty mixed together in a jar.
I have never opened that little jar because for two years I used it as a decoration on my stove. Then I moved and for five years I used it for decoration on my stove again! They just looked so pretty on my stove that is black and white.
When I got  married, I decided to move the little jar. I decided it was going to decorate my toaster oven. You have no idea how many people have picked that jar up and looked at it. Most ask or presume that I canned them. Of course, I have to deny that I did not.
Today I decided that I would put a picture of them in this post. I would love to know what you folks know about tomatoes. Are they in fact tomatoes? It really doesn’t matter, I just know that they are very pretty and where I travel they will go.
My mother used to say that home made gifts are the best because you know that the person that made it for you was thinking of you the whole time that they made it for you.
It is interesting how that works in reverse too, isn’t it?

No comments:

Post a Comment