Friday, March 30, 2018

My Mother Loved Her Grandchildren

My mother not only loved her grandchildren, she loved her family to be with her on holidays. She loved to bake. She loved trying new things. She just loved!
This picture wasn't dated or labeled on the back, but gauging the ages of my kids and my sister's little girl I would think about 1975 or so.
I can remember distinctly mom telling me that she was going to try decorating a cake for Easter.
If you knew my mom, she loved to entertain also. I have posted about her in the fifties entertaining her "club" ladies.
I am using one of her "club" tablecloths at Marie's house now.
This picture shows that she is using her Noritake China that her family kept adding to throughout the years. My sister, Rosie, gave Mom and Dad a few place settings for their 25th Wedding anniversary. After that, when I could afford it, I would give a piece to the set for Christmas. My sister would too.
On top of the china you will see one of her tea cup and saucer sets. Why,  I would dearly love to ask her. Maybe she didn't have enough coffee cups and saucers yet. Beside the china was her relish tray. I still have that. I love it because it turns very easily on a pedestal.
To the left of the glasses you can sees a partial image of a cookie jar. It was a Monk. I have no idea who gave that to her, but it always had cookies in it for our visits.
See that cup with the white handle and the stripes? That cup was used constantly at mom's house; first come first serve.
Of course, her bill holder had to get in the picture. She hated clutter, but dust could gather. Oh, how I loved her.
The bunny cake and the jelly beans are sitting on mom and dad's stereo. On the floor to the left you can just see the edges of 33 RPM records that are coming back in popularity.
The dishes that hold the candy are gone now. She may have given them to my sister or they broke along the way.
This is a picture of how my mother loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment