Tuesday, March 20, 2018

September 2017

In September, the Missouri RX program was discontinued. That was a state program that was a 50% discount on prescriptions. My seizure medicine went from affordable to not affordable. Having a grand mall seizure is an experience that people never want to have after having just one. I have had several. In my case the seizure aftermath lingered for days; forgetfulness, foggy brain feeling, just a horrible thing to have to go through.
Well, what to do? I called my insurance company and told them what was happening in Missouri and the importance of me having a medicine that I could afford and did they have something. I asked the nurse for three medicines that I could research and that's when Google and I became really good friends.
I did my research and then called my doctor. He and I agreed on a new medicine and guess what? It cost $5.00 a month. It has no side effects and I feel better than I have in years.
My 55th class reunion was in September of last year and we went to Iowa to see my old friends that I hadn't seen in forty years. I had seen some of them individually, but as a group it had actually been forty five years. Oh my, did we have a lot to talk about!
I had only been taking the new medicine for about two weeks and was still having some trouble walking, but I could tell something good was going on.
When I was in high school I had three really good friends, Joan, Pam, and Sharon. Sharon lives a long ways away and couldn't come, but Joan and Pam and I got to visit a lot.
Class of 1962 that attended 55 years since graduation!
I knew almost everyone, but one lady had me stumped and of course, she enjoyed it immensely. We talked and talked and finally I remembered her. Oh my gosh, fifty five years is a long time.
I also visited the cemetery and decorated graves of my mother and father, and sister and grandparents and a lot of walking on rough ground.
I got to see my brother and his wife and her mother and once again I just talked their ears off!
Keith took my husband and I on a tour of Cherokee. The last time I was there was for my mother's funeral and hadn't been back since. Things, (buildings and people and streets and stores and everything was so different than what I remembered. Especially a well known land mark, Pilot Rock. It looked so small!
Fran and I at the dinner held for us at Spring Lake
Francis and I went to Aurelia to visit my mother's brother who was soon to celebrate his 101st birthday. My mother so wanted to live to be 100, but she did live a long life of 90 years.

Well that was just one weekend and there is just so much more I have to say! I hope you join me for my chatter, I do so love to tell stories.
Me, Pam and Joan

My brother Keith and his wife Linda


No comments:

Post a Comment