Friday, March 30, 2018

You Are Only As Old As You Feel Unless You Have Loose Eyelashes!

I was greeted by my husband this morning with, "how is your pink eye this morning?" Oh, if only I would have had a rolling pin handy to chase him down with. Last night both eyes hurt and were red. I had told him I had caught pink eye so many times when I had run a day care center when my kids were young. I was sure I had caught it again. Bacteria runs wild no matter where you spend your time. However, I am so careful, rubber gloves Lysol spray, hand disinfectant, blah blah.
This morning my eye was still very irritated and bloodshot. I have used eye wash by the gallon. I knew what the trouble was, but hated to say it out loud. I'm getting old! My doggone eyelashes are falling out and scratching my eyeballs.
Yes you see when you rub your eyes when you are tired, or your eyes itch or for any reason your eyelashes may let loose. They seem to do that frequently lately.
I have been using eye drops made by the companies that advertise saying that they take the red out. Well, that's all well and good if your eyes are tired, not scratched to pieces by eyelashes that are tired and fall into your eyes.
So like my brother says, our language has changed. Used to be nouns have become verbs. You Google things (verb) to find the answer to all of your questions. This was the answer I did not want to see this morning given to me by my old friend Google (noun).
"Another factor affecting eyelash growth as we age is the common fact that skin starts to get a little dryer, which can cause eyelashes to lose the ability to retain moisture. Dry eyelashes lead to damaged eyelashes, but this is all part of the aging process, so there is really no need to be alarmed."
Good morning, folks. I am not alarmed to be losing my eyelashes. Google says, no problem. I am just getting old.
That is true you know. I am a great grandmother, a grandmother, and a mother.  When I find an eye wash that takes the hurt away instead of the "red away" I will be just fine with getting older.
See you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment