Monday, March 26, 2018

They Left The Logsplitter Running!

When you get a retired step-dad and a stepson on his day off you never know what will happen in our neighborhood.
Last week I should have known something was afoot when Fran got the log splitter and the boat out of the storage unit. It was a nice day, but early for him to empty out the storage unit. Little did I know what he was planning.
Mike, my son, had the day off to use some of his vacation days and Fran was going to take advantage of that to have some company and some fun.
Fran told me that he was going to help Mike split some big logs that needed done. The logsplitter needed a gas change because it had been sitting all winter and probably a new spark plug. He came down here to his mom's and said that all was well and it was running just fine. He was going to have it all ready for Mike when he came home from work that day.
The next day they told me that they had their day planned and that they were going to have those logs all split and get the yard cleaned up.
When I got home from Marie's I heard the splitter running and was pleased that Spring had arrived at the Lizotte neighborhood and that work was being done.
That afternoon rather late, Fran came in the back door which is rare in itself carrying a beer and chuckling. Red flag!!
He said that he wasn't hungry and that a bowl of cereal would be just fine. What?? Fran seldom has cereal for supper if ever. There was more chuckling. My man was a bit inebriated.
I asked him if they got the wood all split and he answered with another chuckle and told me that they left the splitter running while they went next door to the neighbors and had a beer or two. The reason why? They wanted me to think that they were working. It worked. The whole thing is though, is that they can't pull that again because now I'm on to them!
What fun they had. I'm so glad that my son and my husband are good friends.
The next day Mike came in to visit and I told him that Fran had spilled the beans. Oh he laughed and laughed. He thought that they had gotten away with it. Fran spilled the beans!
Hopefully it will be a fun filled time for them this spring and summer. Love my guys!
Mom supervising her son and husband!

2 comments:

  1. Hanging out with good neighbors and Sri king a beer... my kind of log splitting!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cute. If you lived closer they wouldn't get anything done. 🍻🍻

      Delete