Friday, April 9, 2010

Any body You Know?




Fran and I were at the ATM the other day and my cell phone rang. Now you have to understand that was a very strange thing to happen. First I seldom carry my cell, secondly if I do, it is generally dead, thirdly it is turned off, or lastly it is in the car and I don’t have it with me. Well I almost didn’t answer it because I didn’t recognize the number. However, I did. The lady’s voice said, “What are you doing?” I said, “I’m at the bank getting some money, do you want some?” She said, “yeah about a million.” That’s when I recognized her voice. Then she said, “Then what are you going to do?”
Then I said, “Going to the grocery store to get something to eat. Why, all the questions.?” I knew that Pam and Chuck were on their way to Alabama. They were, but they were zig zagging around to see relatives before they landed in Alabama and they were very close to where we live. So I said, in a frenzy when will you be here. I was calculating in my head how long it would take at the grocery store, how long to clean the house, blah blah. Oh and cook!

They, including Chuck, are so laid back and easy going they fit right into the kind of friends that we have. Pam and I sat in the dining room and reminisced and looked at pictures and Fran and Chuck were gabbing about fishing and whatever a mile a minute.

They could not stay very long so we talked really fast.  As you can see, Maggie didn't want to be left out so she made friends with Chuck. (He liked to Play!)

The pictures you see were taken at seven o’clock in the morning, right before they left.

I put several pictures of their RV and their car that they have hooked up because, our driveway is narrow with a ditch on each side. I held my breath and so did Pam. The guys didn’t think it was a big deal at all.

Pam and I have been talking on Yahoo Instant Messenger for about a year. She reads my blog and makes comments. She calls sometimes and we tease each other. She and I had tentatively made plans to go see the other Golden Girl in Mesa, but I had so many legal court appearances about the killing of our Sheltie I couldn’t go this year. But hopefully in the not too distant future, the three Golden Girls will be back together again.
Can anyone guess who the other Golden Girl is? We used to be like 3 peas in a pod.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Great job with your collage! Pam is lovely. :-) So happy you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a great time too. We will have to get together again -- this time before another 50 YEARS pass. I am in Seattle. I will fill you in when I sign into Yahoo IM.

    ReplyDelete