Monday, April 19, 2010

Will Wonders Never Cease

Today I waited in the car for Fran to get the mail out of our mailbox. I thought I must be seeing things. I thought I saw my picture on top of other things he took out of the post box. He handed the mail to me and grinned. It was a picture of me and my friend that had visited a couple of weeks ago.

It was an actual picture. On the back she had taken a pen and divided it in half. On the right side was our name (including Maggie’s name) and our address. On the left side was a very nice note. And the best part was that it cost 28 cents to mail it. Fran didn’t believe it was an actual picture. I showed him where it said Kodak on the back. How very clever. From now on I will do that to keep in touch with family that doesn’t get to see me very often.

I was telling my other friend about it tonight and she said she had never heard of such a thing either. I guess the old adage, “Will wonders never cease” still holds true! Thanks, Pam. Very much appreciated.
The picture of this mailman was a long time ago when pictures were NEVER used as postcards! lol

4 comments:

  1. Pictures were used as postcards years and years ago, however, they were postcards that were souveigners for the most part.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's so cool. I think they sold 4x6 adhesive postcards that would stick to your photos, too. Hope you're having a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Check out Shutterfly.com...they do the coolest things with pictures as postcards and such. I heart shutterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you enjoyed it. I got the idea when Mom lived in her assisted-living apartment and we started taking long trips in the motor home. I took pics of us in front of whatever touristy thing we visited and sent them to her while we were gone. That way, she remembered why she hadn't seen me in awhile, and she could enjoy knowing what we were doing. I have a little HP photo printer that I carry in the motor home and I just print out a photo and get it in the mail the next day. Now I do the same thing for my GRANDS. They like to get mail and to see us -- I am sure they drive their parents crazy showing them the pics over and over -- HA.

    ReplyDelete