Thursday, April 15, 2010

My Very Green Colorful Thumb








We Fran has been planting and planting. Fran has been transplanting and digging. Fran has had no help from me except telling him what a good job he has been doing. I also tell him where I want things, and that they need or do not need mulch. Oh, I did start some Moon Glow seeds in the house so that they would grow outside. I soaked them for so long they started to sprout, so Fran planted them today. He has done a lot of pruning and shaping.

I did help Fran’s mom with her weeding yesterday. She was tired after a few minutes and so was I, so we quit. That is the wonderful thing about getting older, you can work when we I want to. I did get a kick out of her; she pointed her little fingers at me to not pull this or to pull that because it was not a weed, this is a weed etc. It was fun. That is something I really enjoy but just can’t do.

Fran and I discussed that from now on we will only plant things that come up every year. We are just too old to be getting up and down all the time. That’s why he made the garden twice as big as it was last year. I kid you not!!!

We had an evaluation of what had been planted, divided, transplanted and on and on. We decided between us that we had enough. However, we had a bare spot around the birdbath. There are bulbs planted on the outside ring of that flower garden, but they won’t be up until mid summer. We had a conversation about what could be planted next to the birdbath that would come up in the spring, before these miniature glads. Fran had a wonderful idea. (At least it was an idea) I bought twelve dollars of artificial flowers and stuck them in wet dirt. What do you think? I wonder what the neighbors think? I wonder a lot of things……..

3 comments:

  1. LOL...OK I thought those were real flowers from the picture..LOL HMMM Here where I live the HOA would die a thousand deaths if artificial flowers were used in the yard. LOL LOL

    I have a evil secret thought about my neighborhood....IF I HIT THE LOTTERY...I would buy every PINK FLAMINGO there is and when MY NEIGHBORS wake up have their yards filled with artificial flowers and pink flamingos! OH the way my mind works...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are so mean to him, Making him work so hard. Great Job Dad. Love you...

    ReplyDelete