Wednesday, April 14, 2010

The Pampered Pooch






Yes, well Maggie is pampered, I will give into that, but the Pampered Pooch is the groomer’s that we take Maggie to every two weeks. I think I have mentioned I go to the beauty shop about every six weeks and I cut Fran’s hair because he refuses to spend the money on a hair cut, but Maggie gets whatever she needs or what we think she needs. She gets a bath every other week, gets her nails clipped every other week and gets Frontline once a month.

Maggie Mae has had this routine for over a year. We got her the 30th of March last year. She had been to the beauty shop the day before because of poor care by her previous owner. Every time we take her to the groomer’s she shivers and shakes and cries. We talk in soft voices and reassure her that the lady is nice and won’t hurt her. It made no difference twice a month we saw our “baby” just in misery.

Today on the way to “Cathy’s” she laid down and went to sleep completely relaxed and happy. Plus I took her out of the car and she just trotted right up to the door and walked over to “Cathy” as if to say, “ok, I am here to get beautiful, do your thing!” Maggie is very much like a child, she constantly amazes me and at times irritates me.

This week she is attacking the red mulch we put around the flowers and shrubs. It seems to act like catnip does to cats. She just goes nuts when she smells it. Fran thinks that the neighborhood cats like to lay on it and that Maggie can smell the “cat” smell. I guess it is possible, but it is very irritating not only she lunges at the mulch, but she is white. Red mulch “bleeds” on her white fur. Oh, dear, what’s a mom to do?


2 comments:

  1. your eyesight is not going bad. I tried a superimpose shot with my new software. I thought it was kind of cool, but you may not like it. It is Maggie amongst the flowers and mulch

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so cute! She deserves to be pampered.

    ReplyDelete