Friday, April 16, 2010

Just A Tad........







My friend and I have always had just a tad of competition between us. We used to be on a dart league. She took it very very seriously. I missed and had a rum and coke and laughed about it. I teased her unmercifully and she took it good naturedly but she still wanted to win. Well, who doesn’t?

Then came the flowers, whose roses were in bloom first, then whose tulips and daffodils and on and on it went every spring. Well this year I thought I would really lay it on. I called her day before yesterday and said, “ I am just calling to report to you that our first hummingbird stopped for a drink at exactly 3:55 P.M.” Probably not the happiest response I have gotten except she did say that they had just hung their feeders out. Well last night she called and said, “ I am calling to report that at 6:05 P.M. our first hummingbird stopped for a drink. However, I am sure that they have been stopping and I just didn’t see them.” Ahem! I thought to myself, Oh well now for the first one to see the first oriole. I have my oranges out for them as soon as they get here, however, so does my friend! I will definitely call and tell her as soon as one of those beautiful birds decorates my yard. Oh how I love spring and oh how I love my friend!

1 comment: