Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Five Days And Counting......






Okie Dokie then; I have let my house go all year. Keeping house is very difficult for me physically and especially difficult for me mentally. It is kind of like exercising; I love to watch other people do it, but NOT me.

Well, as you can imagine, I can NOT imagine how dirty it is now. So this morning I cleaned and straightened my itty bitty pantry. It is about 4’ tall and 24” wide and as deep as 3 cans of veggies. It is impossible to keep things straight and organized. I did find things that will keep us fed for a long, long time.

We have another room that we do, indeed, call the pantry. Big pantry. It is much bigger. It is about six feet long. The shelves are about three feet deep. It is just hysterical when you think why we call it a pantry. Perhaps in years gone by, it used to have food in it. I have pots and pans, dishes, old plastic mixing bowls, dishpans, spaghetti pan that I should use, but don’t. I have some home canned tomatoes and green beans. And….yes I have some canned food that would not fit in the itty bitty pantry.

I checked it out this morning. It has a turkey oven, a rotisserie oven oh and extra silverware if we get company, which we never get. Those were the old days. The house used to rock with noise and filled with lots of grown-ups and children.

So any way, I did work this morning. Now I am sitting down, talking to you guys and watching Ellen D.

The washer and dryer are running and the dishwasher is just about ready to go and so am I. Have a good day!



No comments:

Post a Comment