Thursday, January 27, 2011

The Weather Channel






As my mother got older and lived alone, she got very lonely. The long distance was expensive so she and I couldn’t call each other every day.

My brother and his children’s family’s lived out of state. I lived in another state also.

Once in awhile we could both visit her at the same time and her eyes would wander to the television and the channel would be on the weather channel. When questioned about this, she said that she felt closer to her children and grandchildren by knowing what their weather was.

Some of the states were Colorado, Ohio, Illinois, South Dakota and Missouri.

We would smile even chuckle when we talked quietly about it.

Now I find myself watching the weather more often; Colorado, Tennessee, Illinois, Missouri, Ohio, Iowa, South Dakota etc. I have friends and relatives all over the place. It is actually fun hearing about everyone’s weather. I know, it sounds weird, but it is!

When we start talking on the phone or the computer one of the first things we talk about is the weather. What can I say? It is warming up folks, soon it will be spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment