Sunday, January 2, 2011

Mashed Potatoes Or Not?!

My girl is so good natured that I can tease her whenever I want to. Fran and I went to visit Melanie and her family the day after Thanksgiving. It was a lovely meal. She fixed turkey breasts which was delicious and fast, and easy. We had a delicious vegetable, stuffing, and especially mashed potatoes.
I watched her make the mashed potatoes. As I watched they got soupier (is that a word?) and soupier. She was using a hand held blender that is so easy to use. She said that she uses it all the time to mash her potatoes and that it works really well.
Of course, they tasted wonderful, her gravy turned out good, but she was really upset about her potatoes. After we finished our meal, I suggested that she use them for potato pancakes etc. etc. but she nixed the ideas that I had. Well, I couldn't resist but ask her if I could at least take her picture. Note the smile; love her to pieces!!
In the background you will see a container that is full of gooey butter cookies that I asked for. It is so cool to feel so special. Thanks, Melanie

No comments:

Post a Comment