Friday, January 21, 2011

How Smart Are You?

My young son got us a Wii game for Christmas this year. We couldn't wait to show off our skills. It was called, you guessed it, "Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?" Most of you have watched the television show at least once and if you didn't enjoy the show, you might have smiled at Mr. Foxworthy's red neck humor.
There were three of us playing. There were several catagories and skill level. The player (us) had support by a fifth grader. If the player wasn't sure the fifth grader would help you out.
I kid you not we were getting clear down to second grade level. When we got down that low the correct answers were getting more and more correct, however, there were still some that we got wrong. There was whooping and hollering about how unfair the game was, and that none of us had ever had to study subjects like what was on the game.
Fran finally put his hands in the air and went to bed. Mike and I stayed up late and played for a couple of more hours.
It was fun, but I found out at our little Christmas with my daughter and her family that they also make a card game called the same thing. She said that even college graduates cannot answer all the questions.
Can you even imagine my relief upon hearing that? Once again, I know that I am smarter than a fifth grader, no matter what the Wii game says.

No comments:

Post a Comment