Saturday, January 1, 2011

Home Made Gifts

I can remember getting gifts wrapped in brown paper held together with "store string." Does anyone remember that term? Store string had a multitude of uses, but I can remember the butchers using it to hold the freezer wrap together on the meat that they sold in the grocery stores. This Christmas I got a gift wrapped in brown paper and tied together with store string. I have a feeling that the string was at least forty years old.

This year my daughter and I each made each other something home made. This is the first picture of twelve that I will post. She made a calendar with pictures and birth dates (yes Grandma forgets). The top of the calendar is 12x12 so I can put them in an album. Clever?! However, it is like a student getting on the honor roll all year. She is expected to do that the next year as well!.
Let me explain the picture of the goofy child laying in the snow with his swim suit on. Yes, that is my grandchild. I do have to claim him! He just got out of the hot tub and decided to lay in the snow.
My granddaughter celebrated her 6th birthday last year, and my daughter and her husband do go to Cancun frequently in the winter.
I have not posted anything for a long long time. It feels kind of weird to tell the truth, but fun too.
Fran's surgeries are over, his tests are over (hopefully) and the holidays are over. It sounds like a quiet winter, thank goodness. Fran is not out of the woods, but I am considering our glass half full.
Hopefully I will be on this little machine a lot in the future.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment