Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Noah's Ark In Missouri








Since the time I was a little girl I had definite likes and dislikes. The dislikes were mice, and wasps and bees. My mom would laugh and say they were just singing their songs and buzzing along and I should just ignore them; they were happy and I should be happy too. As far as that story went it was just a bunch of baloney.
One day I ventured out on the limb and asked my mom if God was really as smart as she thought He was. She held her tongue and asked me what I meant. I replied, “Well, if God was really smart, He would have not had Noah put two wasps and two bees and two mice on the ark.” Now I am sure if one of my kids had said that to me I probably would have burst out laughing, but Mother didn’t. She kept her calm way about her, but she did explain that everything was put on earth for a reason. I do remember when she told me that the bees give us honey, I told her that I could skip honey and eat jam or jelly. That time she did smile. I would have a feeling that when my mother went to bed at night and said her prayers she asked for strength to take care of the little girl that He had given to her to take care of for Him.
This afternoon when I took Maggiemae out for her walk, there were the bumblebees. I grumbled to myself, just once I would love for spring to come and not have the bumblebees come with it. As I walked along and smiled at Maggie as she investigated everything, I also saw the beautiful orioles and the buzzing hummingbirds. I have to get busy and refill the feeders. Fran put out the oranges for the orioles and reminded me that my beloved hummingbirds were out of food. I am really glad that God in all of His wisdom did the Noah’s Ark thing. It reached clear to Missouri! I have tried off and on all afternoon to take pictures of the hummingbirds, orioles, and the doves, all to no avail. So here you have a picture of an orange after an oriole just now looked at it and decided to eat it later. I even took this picture through the screen on the porch so I wouldn't scare them away. Oh well. The finches are pretty, aren’t they?

No comments:

Post a Comment