Friday, April 3, 2009

Think Out Of The Box




Think out of the box, over the top, whatever, all those current euphemisms are finally becoming useful to me in the last day or two. Other things are happening to me in the last day or two also. These are thoughts like, “what did I used to do when the kids were babies?” I am not babysitting for my grandchildren, my husband and I are proud adoptive parents of a mixed ancestry, tiny, little short almost person, that only occasionally barks.
Her name is Maggie Mae. When you live in the Ozarks, people who have middle names, tend to attach the middle name to the first name to make it one word. So our little one’s name is pronounced Maggiemae.
Maggiemae is for the most part very quiet and sleeps all the time. She did not like her kennel, but when I turned the night light out, she went right to sleep. When Alex, Fran’s sheltie started barking with the neighbor’s dog, she thought she would put her two cent’s worth in. I made dire threats to Alex; that even seemed to work.
Maggiemae seems to know how to use the outside bathroom, however, Mama Lizotte is not used to going outside every two hours.
Maggiemae was supposed to be a lap dog for me, to keep me company when Fran goes fishing etc. Maggie acts like Fran is her long lost friend and will hardly let Fran out of her sight. He put his shirt on this morning to go to the gym and Maggie had a fit. That’s where the “whatever” comes from. Yes, I am a bit jealous.
I needed to give her some liquid medicine this morning she would have nothing to do with it. Fran tried to help me and that didn’t work either. So I took a small spoon of ice cream and let it melt and stirred her medicine in it and she just lapped it right up. It worked with the kids, why not the dog.
I think Maggiemae, at one time was loved, but her owners were just not able to care for her the way she should be. Right now she is “naked” because the groomer had to shear her to the skin because of the matting. To make up for the lack of fur, Maggiemae has a ice cream bucket full of toys that she and Fran play with.

3 comments:

  1. I was just going to write and say, "What about MaggieMae?" I won't comment on you giving a dog melted ice cream. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahha! I finally found you! This is so cute! I'm going to become a stalker...ummm I mean follower. LOL. It's funny cause I took your advise and started a blog here. www.stocktoncauseforpaws.blogspot.com I'm going to suggest people check your blog for the lastest on MaggieMae. I'm so glad you three are happy (Diane)

    ReplyDelete
  3. can I use pics of MaggieMae on my blog?

    ReplyDelete