Sunday, April 5, 2009

Out Of The Box: Part 2






Our house used to be so quiet it was on the verge of boring. Fran and I entertained ourselves by watching television, singing, and playing computer games. I enjoyed reading and talking on the telephone, but that was about it. Then one day, Miss Maggiemae came wagging her tail joyfully into our lives and everything changed. I no longer sit in my chair and fall asleep. I no longer take a nap on the couch. The pain of pounds per inch per paw (ppipp) is horrible. I am completely out of my comfort level because I have to watch the news in the living room. Maggiemae doesn’t like me to sit at the kitchen table. Those of you that knew me as a young mother are probably going “What?!!!” I cannot believe how spoiled this little waif is becoming and in such a short length of time.
Let’s talk about the change in Fran. This morning he was holding Maggiemae in his lap while he watched the news at the kitchen table. I was typing this and he started to laugh and I asked him what was so funny. He said, “She just pulled your afghan off your chair. Look at her, isn’t she cute?”
Maggie is not house trained, I am. I take her outside every two hours however, Maggiemae cries and whines to go out all the time. I have to take her in case she really has to go. She wants to play with a little limb she has found out there and with Alex, Fran’s sheltie. Thinking outside the box for these old people is exhausting, but it is definitely not boring. I can remember when the “box” was actually quite comfortable.

No comments:

Post a Comment