Monday, April 6, 2009

Where's My Socks?




This winter Mike stayed with us. He lives over twenty miles away and the price of gas was four dollars a gallon. His furnace quit and a multitude of problems. I cooked for him, did his laundry, and I hate to admit it I cleaned his room. Because of another person in the house, I had lots to do. I did laundry several times a week, the dishwasher was started every day, and on it goes.
This spring Mike moved back home. There is little laundry to do, not very much cooking, and few dishes.
This morning Fran asked, “Where’s my socks?”
I thought about making up a story, but the truth is, The Truth. Fran and I joined a gym and got a puppy. Those two activities are lots more fun than laundry and more time consuming than doing Mike’s laundry and cleaning.
Sorry Fran, you may have to go back to bachelor days and do your own laundry and putting away; Maggiemae and I are busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment