Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Halloween




Why do we say Happy Halloween? It is such a goofy holiday. Is it a holiday? My son thinks so. He has won the costume contest two years in a row. This year he was two face, Bat Man’s enemy. I have never heard of him. I was never a fan of Bat Man. Mike stirred up caulking, glue, and make up and textured it to make himself look terrible. But the clincher is, only on half of his face. He had his head shaved on one side, his beard shaved on one side, and his clothes were sewn together to make him look half and half. He even wore two different shoes, a sport jacket that had been bleached on one side. Mike wanted me to email pictures of him in full costume to some of his friends and mine. One of my friends called early this morning. She loves the real Mike. She just wanted to know if in fact, I had given birth to that monster.
I much prefer the sarcastic old woman, Maxine. I received a bunch of them from the man that does our class newsletter this morning. I had difficulty choosing the one I liked the best. Keep safe on this beautiful day, the little ones will have beautiful weather, and the grownups will probably eat some of the candy the little ones collected.

No comments:

Post a Comment