Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Thank Goodness For Fran's Stuff



Notice I didn’t say junk. The day that Keith and Linda were going to be leaving Linda noticed a flat tire on their car. It was quite flat. Fran had taken Maggie to town because she had an appointment to have a bath and get her nails done. (Sigh) otherwise he would have been home. Keith asked if Fran had a compressor. That was about the only thing I could have found for him, other than a lawn mower and a snow blower. Fran has shelf after shelf of “stuff.” He has Folgers and Maxwell House coffee containers, and wooden boxes and tool boxes galore. Although out of all those tools the other day he couldn’t find something and I told him what shelf and what WalMart sack it was in!
The weather was the pits; cold, rainy, and windy. The perfect day for changing a tire on a brand new car. Yup, brand new less than a year.
Linda and I decided that it was perfect picture taking weather, however, I think I did hear Keith saying something under his breath about women and cameras. Something like that anyway.
Keith changed the tire with warnings from me to stop at gas stations to check the air, get a new tire, etc, etc. He thought it would be just fine. He emailed me when they got to Illinois with their brand new tire. He had nothing else to say, so either Linda convinced him to buy a new one, or the air was leaking. Not only do women like to take pictures in icky weather, but evidently they don’t know anything about tires that leak air. Sorry, couldn’t resist!

No comments:

Post a Comment