Sunday, October 25, 2009

The Life Of Riley Or Retirement




The life of Riley and Retirement generally go hand and hand in my case. The Life of Riley was a television show I can remember watching in the fifties. Riley was a cab driver and he was forever saying, “What a revolting development this is.” He was a short, chubby little man that seemed to forever get into trouble without even trying. He loved his chair and television and really enjoyed relaxing more than anything else. Me too! Riley was portrayed by actor William Bendix
Yesterday we got an Instant Messenger message to go to some friends for coffee. So, of course, we did go. We arrived at nine thirty in the morning, which is a nice time for coffee. The hostess asked if we would like to play cards. I looked at her kind of strangely. I had never played cards in the morning before. Well we played cards, had lunch which was delicious chili, and then we played cards some more. We arrived home at twenty minutes until two in the afternoon. Hmm is this retirement or the Life of Riley. Whatever it is I love it. The only thing is I would love a lot of money to go along with it.
Rileys are coins in Ireland I am told, so see that would help me out a lot. Being lazy and rich. Perfect combination.

No comments:

Post a Comment