Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Mr. Fixit


As most of you know, we live outside a small town. The little towns most usually have free papers that come in the mailbox. They have grocery store advertisement flyers and a freebie paper that has real estate ads, yard sale notices, and a sundry of things including ads for people that do odd jobs. These include cleaning out basements, painting, doing yard work etc. I am proud to say that I have my own person to do odd jobs for me. I am sure the tools that he owns to do these little jobs cost several thousand dollars.
Last night he was in the kitchen, I was in the living room watching television He opened a cupboard door. The most awful squawk came out and Fran didn’t even notice. I said, “Oh my goodness what in the world is wrong with that cupboard door?” He said, “What cupboard door?” “The one that just squawked it’s head off,” I replied.
After I gave him a sarcastic reply he tried each and every door until he found the culprit. He decided to agree with me. I ignored the situation and went back to my television program. After awhile I looked in the kitchen and saw Fran wiping down the kitchen cupboard. Of course, I asked him what he was doing. He explained that it was cold, raining and dark outside, he didn’t have his shoes on, so instead of going to his tool shed to get the WD40 he used some cooking spray. Those of you that know me, must realize that I had a lot to say to him after I got done laughing. He did grin when I told him he was going to be the feature story in my post the next day. The cupboard door did not squawk anymore and he once again was king of the castle and fixed everything that I ask him to. Long live the cooking spray!

1 comment: