Saturday, May 30, 2009

Lu Has A New "Do"




Ever since I can remember which was about five years old, I have had a permanent in my hair. I posted about my traumatic experience with an electric permanent machine when I was five on the January 28, 2009 post. I thought I was going to be fried alive. My hair is straight and it started turning gray here and there when I was twenty seven. My mother also turned gray at a very early age and didn’t have the money or the ability to get to the beauty shop to get it colored. She made me promise her on several occasions to always keep my hair colored. Well, I have kept that promise. Sometimes I did it myself, other times I had the beauty operator do it. But boy, I am telling you even in this rural area I live in it costs eighty dollars to have my hair permed and colored. So I happened to meet a friend of mine at the beauty shop the other day not much younger than me and she had this very cool “do” and the beauty operator said I would look good in it too. I silently said, “Sorry Mom” and had the beauty operator cut the curl off and make my hair spiked yes, spiked and straight. When I walk into a room now people are in shock, especially the people that have known me for years with curly hair. My own daughter doesn’t know that have done this so I’m anxious to see what she thinks, Oh by the way I didn’t have her color it either. AuNatural!

3 comments:

  1. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!!! It looks fantastic. What's the man think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very hip; very cute;very NICE -- I like it too!
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Guys. I sent Lu a composite picture of the two of us. You know. A couple of face shots. She and I put together by the miracle of 21st century technology.

    Then I complimented her on her brand new “do”. Called her a winner even.

    She responded with, “…well anything is better than nothing”. A bit of a dig at her follically challenged little brother.

    Do you guys now see what I’ve had to endure all these years? 

    Love ya, Sis. --Keith

    ReplyDelete