Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Maggie Wants A Clean Blanket





For a few days now, Maggie has been grabbing her blanket with her teeth and dragging it out of her kennel. I have a friend that raises bashons. They were doing that one day and I asked her why. She said they wanted a clean blanket or towel. Sure enough I put a clean one in her “little house” and she was very pleased with herself. This is the second time she has done it so I am convinced that she knows what she is doing. I change the sheets on my bed, so it makes sense. I am making this story very long, but hang in there it is kind of interesting. I put Maggie’s blanket in the washer along with a few other things that were outside clothing, like Fran’s really dirty jeans etc.
I just went in the laundry room to transfer the wet clothes into the dryer and what a mess. The washer was full of pieces of Kleenex. Well, besides irritating me it brought back memories of my little folks having interesting things in their pockets. It also brought back memories of me being careless by not checking pockets. I thought and realized that again I had not checked pockets this morning. I started shaking out the clothing and the special blanket and I was amazed at what I found. The only thing is, I don’t know who to blame. Fran and I have spent several days planting shrubs. We used the weed preventer that comes on a roll. You pack it down with dirt and mulch and presto no weeds. Well, we must have had an extra one, because I found one in the washer with almost all of the “cotton” washed away from the black plastic. Hmm, I wonder which one of us is responsible for not throwing that away before putting the jeans in the hamper. I cannot and will not take full responsibility for all this mess!!! Fran and I will have a visit. We had a "visit" about five minutes after I wrote this. We live in Missouri, he lived in Texas for several years, however the ol' Massachusettes drawl comes in really handy. It goes like this, "nnnnnnnnnnnooooooooohhhhooooo, I didn't do that, you must have." Good grief, it's not worth the effort.

1 comment: