Friday, May 29, 2009

Slip And Slide At Grandma's House























As I mentioned yesterday, the weather was not tropical when Melanie and the children were here. It was very nice the first afternoon they got here, but time was used to explore Grandma’s house. The first thing that happened was a bunch of yelling that Ben had tipped the swing over. I thought to myself, “How could that happen?” Well there that big old thing laid on it’s back. Sure enough Ben had made it go a little too high (it’s made for old folks to gently swing in). Melanie and I set it back up on it’s legs and all was well. Ben just gave me a look like, “Why would anyone have a swing that you couldn’t go high in.”
We have a trampoline that someone left here when they moved out. I know Melanie would like us to burn it because the kids always want to jump on it. It sits on a slant and has no sides on it. The kids have one at home, but it has the sides and is safe. The children have to have someone with them when they jump on this one.
So someone got the idea to use their slip and slide in the cold weather. I thought it was a horrible idea, but I got out the towels and they had a wonderful time, so did Fran. Fran had six children also, so my grandchildren, I am sure, give him memories galore. Here are some pictures.

3 comments:

  1. You need the pictures of the kids sliding, not me looking awful taking their pictures. lol I have to get those pics uploaded.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok 2 more pictures of them freezing to death and I thought you looked cute

    ReplyDelete