Tuesday, May 26, 2009

My Birthday




My birthday was the best birthday that I can remember. I was on the phone at eight o’clock in the morning until one thirty in the afternoon with birthday wishes. That includes computer calls and instant messages. Then in the afternoon my best friends came for a pot luck. I burned the ham, put the beans in the microwave and didn’t serve them. Put out my salad which is good and a Mexican dip and won two hands of cards. Can you even imagine a better birthday than that?
I got new acrylic nails, clamato juice, an herbal garden a gardening bag and tools, a wonderful cake pan with my name engraved on it and a table top for my lap top which was also part of my birthday present. My very best part though, was getting a card from my brother. I haven’t seen him for several years and I haven’t seen my sister-in-law since my mother died about nine years ago. It will be just wonderful to see her again. I almost forgot, Fran got me a new cowboy hat and a new pair of boots that didn’t come from Walmart. Whoopee! I didn’t know there was a life without Walmart.
I just want to thank all my friends and relatives that made this such a wonderful birthday. I don’t think I will ever forget it.
While we were playing cards we got to arguing about the different kinds of adhesive for false teeth. I said "Did you ever in the world think...." we all got out the different kinds of medicine in our purses and put on the table and they said "put this in your stories, Lu!" So this is what happens at age 65!

5 comments:

  1. I bet having your dd visit later is just icing on the cake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't help but notice what looks like a Coors light can in the background of the pic with all the meds. Is that part of your medical plan? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The answer to Julie is Absolutely!!! But different brand and absolutely not for your Aunt

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, Ok... I'm back! Never had a Big Brother. I think I like a big sister better. Honeywell was keeping your Comment box disabled. Go figure.

    Anyway… Happy Birthday Sis! 65!! Whew! Sure sounds older than my youthful 60, huh? :-)

    Love you, Sis. Don’t slow down! I’m coming up fast behind you!! Hmm. Guess I better go count out my own pills.

    ReplyDelete