Thursday, May 28, 2009

The Tooth Fairy Couldn't Visit At Grandma's House
















We had Melanie and her six children came to visit for one day only. I was really upset because I hadn’t seen them since Christmas, but you know what, I think it was ok with the kids. We live in a small trailer and yes we have a big yard and a big porch but our house would fit in their basement.
Then I got a phone call that they were going to turn the water off to put in new shut offs. Eek! No water with nine people so Melanie turned around and went home after dinner.
The weather wasn’t even cooperating. It was cool and misty and windy. The kids wanted to slip and slide and they had a ball. Cool, no I say cold! But, I am not a kid any more needless to say
Fran fixed their favorites to eat, he grilled humongous hot dogs for one meal and brats for another meal and hamburgers and I fixed spaghetti for one meal. As long as there is Honey Nut Cheerios for snacks and breakfast everyone is happy.
Yesterday afternoon Ben came to me with a bloody Kleenex and a tooth, so we went to work and fixed a place where the Tooth Fairy would be sure to find it, well we had to tell mom about a detour for the Tooth Fairy.
I love hats and I have a wall just for hats so some of the kids modeled for me with my hats on. The older ones weren’t real happy, but they humored me.
I so enjoyed getting hugs from those sweet babies.

1 comment:

  1. Cute pictures, Mom! Sorry a longer visit wasn't in the cards this time. Hopefully it won't be five months til we see you again though. Ben was very upset that "someone" crumpled up the dollar bill the tooth fairy left for him. I didn't realize the tooth fairy always gives out more pristine bills. LOL We exchanged the dollars and all was well.

    ReplyDelete